Published: Oct 17, 2019
Last Updated: Oct 17, 2019
It's that wonderful time of year again! Kick off small business week with one of these books
- Burn the Business Plan: What Great Entrepreneurs Really Do by Carl J Schramm
Did you know that the average entrepreneur starts their company at age thirty-nine? This myth-busting guide to starting and running a business presents the reality of successful entrepreneurs who are juggling careers and mortgages just like you. Filled with tools and techniques to help turn your big idea into a successful business.
- Brains vs Capital: Entrepreneurship for Everyone Lean, Smart, Simple by Günter Faltin
This book will inspire potential entrepreneurs to unlock their creativity and establish an "idea-masterpiece". Full of practical ideas and real-life examples of successful business initiatives, Faltin offers an alternative to classic self-employment and tech start-ups through knowledge-based opportunities.
- Post-Capitalist Entrepreneurship: Startups for the 99% by Boyd Cohen
Recognize new opportunity spaces in the business world by exploring emergent stories. Understand emerging trends in new areas of economic activity - such as platform cooperatives, alternative currencies, and blockchain.
- The New Business Road Test: What Entrepreneurs and Investors Should Do Before Launching a Lean Start-Up by John W Mullins
If you are thinking about starting a new business, then you need to take your idea for a test drive. Enhance your chance of achieving success by discovering, and avoiding, any potential disaster points. An essential handbook that includes current case studies, for anyone wanting to launch a start-up.
- Blueprint to Business: An entrepreneur's Guide to Taking Action, Committing to the Grind, and Going the Things That Most People Won't by Michael Alden
This essential guide for any would-be entrepreneur contains motivating guidance from an unconventional entrepreneur. Alden’s personal business experience serves as practical advice, structuring what it takes to strike out on your own and build a business from a real-world perspective.
- Entrepreneurial You: Monetize Your Expertise, Create Multiple Income Streams and Thrive by Dorie Clark
Learn how to shape your own career and actually make money doing what you love. This book provides a blueprint for professional independence with proven strategies, insights, and advice for a range of traditional and online revenue streams.
- Originals: How Non-Conformists Move the World by Adam M Grant
Reject outdated traditions and reform the status quo.
- Marketing On a Piggy Bank Budget: How Small Businesses Can Compete with "The Big Guys" In The Digital Age by Iain Williamson
A step-by-step guide to help small businesses successfully market and brand themselves on a small budget. Avoid the pitfalls of the advertising industry, and learn how to effectively use online and offline marketing tools to enhance your current customer base.
- The Crowdsourceress: Get Smart, Get Funded, and Kickstart Your Next Big Idea by Alex Daly
Crowdfunding is a trending source of alternative financing that can jumpstart your venture, but it can also break your business before it gets off the ground. Avoid the typical failure of most online campaigns with Alex Daly’s entrepreneurial blueprint that will lead you through the crowdfunding process.
- Crushing It! : How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence--and How You Can, Too by Gary Vaynerchuk
Branding is crucial to entrepreneurial success, and effective branding requires a deep understanding of social media platforms. Learn how popular online platforms like Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and Snapchat can be used to amplify a brand and build a pathway to professional success.