Need Inspiration? Pick Up A Book!
This section will introduce several "how-to" books on business to help you get started with your research. These books will primarily introduce you to business plan writing. These books will also introduce general business types such as retail and service business models.
Looking for More Books? Here are Some Suggestions!
- Cakes, Bakes and Business: The Practical Guide to Starting Your Home Baking Enterprise
- Good Food, Great Business: How to Take Your Artisan Food Idea from Concept to Marketplace
- Handmade: How Eight Everyday People Became Artisan Food Entrepreneurs and Their Recipes For Success
- How To Start A Cake Business From Home: How to Make Money from Your Handmade Cakes, Cupcakes, Cake Pops and More!
Find Books Using Relevant Subject Headings
- Baked goods stores
- Bakeries – Commercial
- Bakeries – Cookies
- Bakeries – Desert
- Bakeries – Gluten free
- Bakeries – Gourmet
- Bakeries – Manufacturing
- Bakeries – Retail
- Bakeries – Specialty
- Commercial bakery
- Desert bakery
- Gluten free bakery
- Gourmet bakery
- Retail bakery
- Retail stores – Baked goods
- Specialty bakeries
Google Books is a search feature offered by Google. It enables users to search the full text of approximately 10 million books that Google has scanned and stored in its digital database. It also offers previews of books that are currently still in print.
A global catalogue of library collections from various libraries around the world. You can search for books on business planning, new enterprises, start-ups, or your specific industry. You can search for all the locations with copies of a specific item, and then locate the item in a nearby library. In Worldcat, you can also view research articles and other digital content directly online.
A search portal to BC's post-secondary and public library collections (93 libraries).