Published: May 5, 2020
Last Updated: Jun 10, 2020Print Full Guide
Conduct Your Competitive Research
- Gather and analyze competitive information
- Define your competitive edge
- Use benchmarking tools to create your financial analysis
- Find competitor information for your own organizational plan
- Who are my direct or indirect competitors? Where are they located?
- Who are the leading companies in the TEMPLATE industry and what can I learn from them (e.g., what were their revenues)?
- Are my competitors publicly traded and would their financial filings help me plan my own business?
- What are my competitors’ strengths and weaknesses and how can I add unique value?
Tip: Make a note of any questions you have, the resources in this section can help you answer these and complete the checklist.