Does your business or start-up idea require capital to move forward but you don’t have much experience or are not comfortable giving presentations? Don't worry, you are not alone! There are many occasions when you will be called upon to make a pitch to investors, potential partners and customers in order to promote and advance your small business and brand. As such, we have compiled a list of free resources and articles with the help of reference librarians from the David Lam Library at UBC to help you learn and prepare for your pitch!
- How to Build Incredible Value Into Your Pitch
- How to Get Yes from an Investor
- The VC Pitch: Some Tips for Success
- Ten Tips for Making a Good Pitch to Investors
- Momentum and the Art of the Investor Pitch
- Breaking the Code: What to Present to Venture Capitalists
- The 3 Most Important Elements of an Effective Investor Pitch
- Stanford Entrepreneurship Corner: Tips For a Good Pitch (Video)
How to Create Better Presentations
- 15 Seconds to a Better Presentation
- How to Craft the Perfect Presentation
- 5 Tips for a Great PowerPoint Presentation
- How to Use Graphics in Your Presentation
- Inspiring Presentations on Visual Thinking
- 5 Foolproof Ways to Boost Your Public-Speaking Skills
- Toastmasters International - Business Presentation
- 5 Presentation Apps to Try
- Business Plan PowerPoint Template
- Business Plan Presentation
- Top 10 Presentation Tools
- Toastmasters International
It's worthwhile to note that if you want to see sample presentations to gain ideas and inspiration you can search programs like Prezi and view numerous examples (be aware - these may not be "best practice" examples). Search queries like "Advertising Pitch" and "Venture Capital Pitch" are good places to start.
What are some skills and tools you use when making a presentation? Let us know!