Welcome to the Consumer Electronic and Computer Repair Guide
What is the Consumer Electronic and Computer Repair Guide Industry?
Consumer electronic and computer repair businesses offer a range of services including hardware upgrades, software updates, peripheral installation and other services that computer owners value - while others remain focused on particular areas of expertise. In recent years computer repair services have expanded to include other consumer electronics. Some consumer electronic and computer repair businesses offer mobile service for extra convenience, some operate out of a brick and mortar store, and many combine both forms of service.
Use the navigation to explore four sections designed to help you focus your secondary market research.
- Getting Started has introductory materials like how-to books, sample business plans and general start-up information
- Industry Info has sources outlining the current status, outlook, and trends for your particular industry or sector and more
- Competitive Info has sources for outlining your competitive market, including strategies for identifying potential competitors and/or partners and market share
- Customer Info has sources that will help you develop your market analysis and learn about the demographics of your target market and your customers' need
This guide will not only help you to become more efficient with your research time but it will also save you money by directing you to reputable sources to learn about your market. But first, take a deep breath because secondary market research is a journey and it will require work. The definition of a market can vary from a broad industry to a specific market niche. Also, the geographic scope of your market may vary across a municipality, a region, a country or the globe. In new or emerging markets there may be very little information or data published so you will have to dig and possibly look at comparable, more established markets. This guide will help you to organize your work and prioritize your research questions. We aim to save you time by directing you to the information you can use to make better business decisions. Feel free to jump into whatever section is most applicable to your business goals now.
- Consumer Electronics Retail and Repair Services Guide
- High Technology Sector Guide
- Information and Technology (ICT) and Related Electronic Components Industry Guide