Published: May 27, 2016
Last Updated: Aug 22, 2018Print Full Guide
Conduct Your Competitive Research
- Gather and analyze competitive information
- Define your competitive edge
- Use benchmarking tools to create your financial analysis
- Find competitor information for your own organizational plan
- Who are my direct or indirect competitors? Where are they located?
- Who are the leading companies in the BC jewellery industry and what can I learn from them (e.g., what were their revenues)?
- Are my competitors publicly traded and would their financial filings help me plan my own business?
- What are my competitors’ strengths and weaknesses and how can I add unique value?
- Has there been any news coverage on my competitors announcing a new product, marketing strategy or personnel changes that can provide insight into my business planning?
Tip: Make a note of any questions you have, the resources in this section can help you answer these and complete the checklist. For more help, check out our guide to competitive analysis.