In this section we have gathered some of the most reliable freely available online government and employment websites for you to use in your research.
CANSIM | Statistics Canada's key socioeconomic database. Information is updated daily. This formerly fee-based service is now available for free.
- Number and Percentage of Households that Received Formal Home Care in the Past Year, Household Population, Canada, 2015/2016
- Number and Percentage of Households that Received Formal Home Care in the Past Year, by Socioeconomic Characteristics, Household Population, Canada, 2015/2016
- Type of Home Care Service by Socioeconomic Characteristics, Households that Received Formal Home Care Services in the Past Year, Household Population, Canada, 2015/2016
- Sources of Payment for Formal Home Care Services Among Households that Received Services in the past 12 months, by Type of Home Care, Household Population, Canada, 2015/2016
- Monthly Cost of Home Care Services Received During the Past 12 Months, by Type of Service, Household Population That Received Home Care, Canada, 2015/16
Innovation, Science, and Economic Development Canada
Provides market research, industry statistics, licensing information for intellectual property, and information about doing business internationally. The Industry Canada site features interactive applications such as customizable trade reports, cost calculators, and online business planning guides. You can also search broad Canadian industry statistics.
Innovation, Science, and Economic Development Canada also provides a helpful business startup checklist.
Government of Canada – Home and Continuing Health Care | Discover Canada’s role in supporting health services at home, in the community, and in long-term care facilities.
Government of Canada – Senior Care Start-up Checklist | Includes a checklist of requirements for starting-up a senior care business.
Statistics Canada – Formal Home Care Use in Canada | Health report containing information on formal home care services in Canada. All data is obtained from the Canadian Community Health Survey 2015/2016.
Statistics Canada – Seniors and Aging Statistics | Find statistics on various topics including care and social support, health and disabilities, living arrangements, life expectancy and more.
The Daily - Statistics Canada
The premier source for Canadian statistical information, including census information. Search 'The Daily' releases by subject to identify corresponding census tables, latest news, and publications. Similarly, you can browse by data source, including surveys & questionnaires relevant to your market research, which also link to census tables, latest news and publications.
US & International Websites
Small Business Administration: Free Small Business Data
This site is created and managed by the US Small Business Administration (SBA) and provides a list of free sources of information that you can use to obtain data about markets in the US.