Need Inspiration? Pick Up A Book!
This section will introduce several "how-to" books on business to help you get started with your research. These books will primarily introduce you to business plan writing. These books will also introduce general business types such as retail and service business models.
Looking for More Books? Here are Some Suggestions!
- The GameDev Business Handbook: How to Build the Business You’ll Build Games With
- The GameDev Budgeting Handbook: How to Finish Your Game in Time and on a Budget
- Innovation and Marketing in the Video Game Industry: Avoiding the Performance Trap
- Inside the Video Game Industry: Game Developers Talk About the Business of Play
Find Books Using Relevant Subject Headings
- Computer games
- Console games
- Digital games
- Entertainment software
- Indie games
- Mobile games
- Online games
- PC games
- Software development – Video games
- Video games
- Video games – Design
- Video games – Development
- Video games – Marketing
- Video games – Publishing
- Video games – Testing
- Video game industry
- Video game software
Google Books is a search feature offered by Google. It enables users to search the full text of approximately 10 million books that Google has scanned and stored in its digital database. It also offers previews of books that are currently still in print.
A global catalogue of library collections from various libraries around the world. You can search for books on business planning, new enterprises, start-ups, or your specific industry. You can search for all the locations with copies of a specific item, and then locate the item in a nearby library. In Worldcat, you can also view research articles and other digital content directly online.
A search portal to BC's post-secondary and public library collections (93 libraries).